Saturday, April 26, 2008

Travel tips

In light of the upcoming visit, I'm going to start posting travel tips for those who are coming. These will be labeled/categorized under travel tips.

Here's the first tip -- bring small bills. It seems that there's a dearth of change in this country. I don't know why and it doesn't really make much sense, but that's the way it is. People don't like breaking tens, and twenties can be a pain to use. Fifties are almost impossible to use, and hundreds might as well be toilet paper.

If you're planning on bringing cash, plan on bringing lots of tens. You can, of course, always use the ATMs here. I haven't done so yet, so I'm not sure what kind of bills they spit out, since I've spent my free time running around town, trying to chop up my fifties into smaller units.

1 comment:

robert said...

Nice.... I was searching for such tips for my next trip through WestJet.